Autel Maxipro MP808TS Full TPMS Service Function Review
The Autel Maxipro mp808ts professional scan tool with TPMS and ECU coding is one of the best professional scan tools on the market. Experienced technicians and mechanics can have difficulty diagnosing severe problems without the proper scan tool. However, the Autel Maxipro mp808ts can come to their aid as it offers special functions and features that professionals need.
The mk808ts scan tool features a sleek and stylish user interface with a user-friendly design. It also has a faster processor, large storage capacity, and built-in battery for outstanding performance. With a wireless connection, the mechanic can diagnose the car from the outside, covering an extensive range of vehicles.
- 0.1 What makes the Autel Maxipro mp808ts professional scanner unique?
- 0.2 How is the Autel Maxipro mp808ts scanner designed?
- 0.3 Is the Autel mp808ts easy to use?
- 0.4 Why is the Autel mp808ts efficient in terms of performance?
- 0.5 Can I run the Autel mp808ts when my car’s power is off?
- 0.6 Is this a wireless scan tool, or do I need to use a cable to diagnose the car?
- 1 What functions does this scan tool offer?
- 2 Conclusion: Our Autel Maxipro MP808TS Review
- 3 FAQ
What makes the Autel Maxipro mp808ts professional scanner unique?
This scanner is unique because of its excellent design, advanced functions, and ease of use. It also delivers accurate results and is very clear even in poorly lit areas. Below are some features and functions that make the Autel a unique professional automotive diagnostic scanner.
How is the Autel Maxipro mp808ts scanner designed?
This scan tool is beautifully designed with a sleek and stylish finish. It measures 62.99 x 17.72 x 92.52 – inches. It also weighs around 5.77 pounds and looks like a tablet, making it easy to operate and keep. This scan tool is grease and water resistant, making it very durable.
Is the Autel mp808ts easy to use?
Yes, using the Autel mp808ts is very easy. Thanks to its user-friendly design. This unit has a 7-inch LCD screen with a 1024 x 600 display. The large display allows the user to scan parameters, even in poorly lit areas.
Why is the Autel mp808ts efficient in terms of performance?
The Autel mp808ts is very efficient in performance because of the fast court-A9 processor that it has. On top of that, it has an outstanding operating system, ‘Android 4.4.2, KitKat OS’, that works with the processor to deliver excellent results.
Can I run the Autel mp808ts when my car’s power is off?
Unlike most basic scan tools that depend on the vehicle’s power alone, this professional scanner allows the user to diagnose the car even if it’s switched off or without power. Thanks to the built-in lithium-ion polymer battery with an extended runtime of up to 7 hours.
Is this a wireless scan tool, or do I need to use a cable to diagnose the car?
This is a wireless scan tool and can also be used as a handheld scanner. Thanks to the 1.2m cable that it has. It is a wireless scan tool because it comes with both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections. The Bluetooth allows you to connect the vehicle and diagnose it from outside. On the contrary, the Wi-Fi connection will enable you to share data with the community and get possible fixes.
What functions does this scan tool offer?
- It provides 31+ maintenance functions – some of the maintenance functions are immo keys, oil reset, EPB, brake bleed, TPMS, throttle, and BMS.
- ECU coding – ECU coding only works with a handful of vehicle makes, including BMW, VW, Porsche, and a few additional car brands.
- All systems diagnostics – this scan tool covers all the major systems: Engine, Transmission, SAS, body, ABS, SRS, TPMS, and much more.
- Complete TPMS functions include reading/erasing TPMS DTCs, getting live TPMS data, identifying TPMS issues, and turning off the TPMS light. Other TPMS functions are sensor programming, TPMS relearning, and TPMS retrofitting.
- Bi-directional control – it can perform a bid-directional control test that requests a module to perform a specific test and function.
- Active test – this is a critical test to carry out before disassembling your vehicle into parts.
- Auto VIN scan – it allows the scanner to detect your vehicle’s makes and models the moment it is connected.
- Sensor relearns and programming – it can also program MX-sensors, which is vital for professional technicians.
Is the Autel Maxipro mp808ts a multilingual device?
Yes, the Autel Maxipro mp808ts is a multilingual unit. This is because it supports over 13 languages, including English, Spanish, Russian, French, Germany, Japanese, and much more.
What cars do the mp808ts cover?
The Autel mp808ts covers over 80 US, Asian, and European vehicles. However, all the vehicles should be OBDII compliant as it does not work with OBD1 cars. Nonetheless, most people have complained about compatibility issues. So, before you invest in this scanner, ensure it is compatible with your vehicle.
Does Autel provide free lifetime software updates for the Autel mp808ts?
Yes, Autel provides free lifetime software updates for one year. After this period, the user must buy updates yearly, which is quite costly.
Pros of the Autel Maxipro mp808ts
- It features an intuitive user interface for ease of use
- It supports all OBD2 modes
- The tool provides more comprehensive vehicle coverage
- It has a broader storage capacity of 32 GB
- It performs additional functions like MaxiFix and data manager
- The scanner supports all systems
- It comes with one-year free software updates
- The manufacturer provides a one-year warranty
Cons of the Autel Maxipro mp808ts
- The device is quite expensive
- It isn’t effortless to use for beginners
- It has compatibility issues
Who should buy the Autel Maxipro mp808ts?
If you’re a startup mechanic or car enthusiast, this is not your scan tool. This professional diagnostic scan tool with TPMS best suits experienced technicians and busy auto repair shops. This is because it has advanced features and functions that only professional mechanics will find helpful. Besides, it is also pretty expensive to lie on the garage floor and be used to diagnose a few vehicles.
Conclusion: Our Autel Maxipro MP808TS Review
The Autel Maxipro mp808ts bi-directional scanner is one of the best Autel scan tools on the market. This scan tool is simple to use, clear, user-friendly, fast and covers various vehicles. Furthermore, the scanner supports basic, advanced, and unique features.
Despite offering many outstanding functions and features, the Autel mp808ts does not provide ECU programming. Also, it has compatibility issues with some vehicles. Generally, it is an excellent scan tool for a professional mechanic or an automotive shop to invest in.
Can I use the Autel Maxipro mp808ts to program keys?
No, you cannot use the Autel Maxipro mp808ts to program keys. This is because this scan tool does not offer such a function. If you desire a scan tool that you can use to program keys, you may have to consider a more advanced Autel automotive scan tool such as the Autel IM508 Key programming tool.
The Autel IM508 key programming tool can read EEPROM/MCU data or write the anti-theft data to the EEPROM/MCU. However, this tool is also quite costly.
Does the Autel Maxipro mp808ts perform ECU programming?
No, the Autel mp808ts cannot be utilized to perform ECU programming. Nonetheless, this tool provides ECU coding but not ECU programming. If you want an Autel scanner that offers ECU programming, you must opt for the Autel MK908P. On the contrary, this can also only program BMW and Mercedes-Benz.
What is the difference between the Autel mk808ts and mk808bt?
The main difference between the Autel mk808ts and mk808bt is that the mk808ts is more advanced than the latter. It comes with a more powerful built-in software system than the mk808bt. Besides, the mk808ts is an upgraded version of the Autel mk808bt.